My name is Billy Smith, and I’m running for the District 7 seat on Fairfield County Council.
I’m from Winnsboro, and I’ve lived in Fairfield County almost my entire life. Over the years, I’ve seen the areas around Fairfield County move forward while Fairfield County has stagnated. I’ve seen the quality of life in other areas improve while ours has remained the same for so long. And after regularly attending County Council meetings over the past year and a half, I now have seen why. It’s time for a change, a positive change. About a month ago, I decided to run for County Council, and I’m offering that change.
• I want to bring more jobs to Fairfield County, and I want those to be good-paying jobs that will be for Fairfield County residents, not outsiders. We must plan for our future if we want it to be a good one; and I want to make sure the residents of Fairfield County have a say in the plans.
• I want to make sure our County spends smarter. Over the past 10 years, we have received over $85,000,000 from the V.C. Summer Nuclear Plant, and we have nothing to show for it. We can do better.
• I want to bring our people and governing bodies together. We must begin to realize that we’re all in a fight together, and we must begin to cooperate better if we want to move forward. I’m willing to do whatever it takes to bring us all together.
• I want to bring more recreational, after-school, and summer opportunities to our youth. We must invest in our youth if we want a positive future.
• I want to truly serve the people of Fairfield County, and will do so to the best of my ability if elected. I also want to reduce the salary and perks of County Council members. Our Council members shouldn’t be making over 50% more than some other Counties’ Council members, but currently they do.
There are many other things on my list also, but I’ve exhausted my word limit here. Please visit my website, www.SmithForSeven.com for more information.
Together, let’s Move Fairfield Forward!